Hegg Sweep and Stoves is a responsible local company and we would like to assure all our customers that we take safety seriously and have procedures in place to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. It is important that we all follow government guidelines. It is essential that chimney sweeping is still carried out to keep your family safe and ensure your fire is safe to use.
We are aware that many of our customers will have concerns and will be looking for reassurance before booking a chimney sweep or proceeding with a wood burning stove installation.
Before Covid-19, we operated our business with strict regard to safety procedures which protect us as well as your property. We use appropriate sheeting to protect flooring during the chimney sweeping process and proper dust control measures are normal. We use appropriate dust masks and gloves for every job as standard.
Chimney Sweeping Safety Procedures
Please help us to keep you safe by following our safety procedures.
- If you or anyone in your household is has coronavirus or is diplaying coronavirus symptoms, it is VITAL that you contact us to rearrange.
- Please ensure that the route to your chimney/fire is clear and that there is adequate space for us to work.
- Clear out any ash or debris from the grate/stove.
- Please move any furniture and ornaments where possible.
- Please ventilate the room with open windows ahead of our visit where possible.
- We will enter your property wearing a mask and gloves. These will remain on for the duration of our visit.
- We will observe recommended social distancing and ask that you remain in another room during the sweeping process.
- Please ensure that there is a plug socket (Extension lead if necessary) close to the hearth.
- A disposable sheet will be placed on your flooring
- We will issue a certificate as usual, but where possible please use your own pen to sign it.
Please be aware that due to the Covid-19 situation, appointments may need to change because of circumstances beyond our control. We will always notify our customers as soon as possible and will offer an alternative date and time.
If you have any questions at all , please do not hesitate to contact us.